Municipal Forum – Nov. 17, 2018 – Westlock
“A river is a connector. It connects people to the environment and communities to each other. Our quality of life is tied to healthy and sustainable water supplies for the environment, for our communities and for our economic well-being.”
Athabasca Watershed Council will be hosting a Municipal Forum in Westlock on November 17, 2018.
Receive a room discount as an attendee of the forum. Inquire when booking.
Who Should Attend:
- Mayors, Reeves & Councillors
- Staff from finance, planning, utilities, agriculture, public works, waste management and recreation departments.
Tentative Presentations & Topics:
- History of the Athabasca Watershed – Dr Robert Holmberg, Professor Emeritus, Biology, University of Athabasca
- Integrated Watershed Management Planning of the Athabasca Watershed (Finalized Nov. 2019)
- Tourism in the Watershed
- Economic study of the value of the Athabasca Watershed
- Movie making
- Planning coalitions
- And more!
Do you have a “Good News” story, an innovative project underway, or big plans for the future? We want to hear about it!
Each Municipality will have the opportunity to share their water-related success stories during a roundtable discussion.
This is an opportunity to share, learn and strengthen connections to ensure safe drinking water for all.
We look forward to seeing you, members of your council and staff on November 17, 2018, in Westlock!
Logistics: November 17, 2018, from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. in Westlock.